Sunday 26 November 2017

7 Days // 7 Breakfasts

In case you couldn't tell already, I love breakfast.
Like, I looooove breakfast.
It's probably my favourite meal of the day just because there's so much variety and I find it all so exciting! I know that sounds so sad but it's true!

///

I'm a big believer in having a healthy, filling, and tasty breakfast as it sets you up for the day and allows you to be your best self so you can take whatever the world throws at you!
So if you don't eat breakfast at all then I'd highly suggest getting up about 5 minutes earlier and trying whatever you want, in order to fuel your body for the day!
And if you do eat breakfast, first of all go you! And why not try a healthier breakfast with more fruit, more fibre, and maybe even some veg if you're feeling adventurous!

///

For breakfast I normally have a bowl of homemade granola or some porridge or a smoothie bowl! Just for this week I changed it up and had a different breakfast every day, so hopefully they will inspire you to get creative in the mornings and make a healthier, more filling breakfast!
All of these breakfasts use whole-food, plant-based ingredients and are a lot healthier than your standard breakfast, no offence, Cornflakes!

///

My week of breakfasts looked like this...why not experiment with your breakfasts and try and add more fruit etc etc!!

Monday // Pancakes
Tuesday // Smoothie
Wednesday // Toast
Thursday // Overnight oats
Friday // Granola
Saturday // Smoothie bowl
Sunday // Porridge

///


Monday // Pancakes

Not gonna lie, these pancakes are nice but they're not unreal ahaha! They're a bit chewy by themselves but they're quite nice with all the toppings! And best of all, they're made with only 3 ingredients!

3 Ingredient Pancakes

Ingredients:

  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup oats
  • 3/4 cup rice milk (or whatever plant milk ya want!)

Method

  1. Blend the oats until they're a flour-like texture.
  2. Blend the oat 'flour', banana, and rice milk until smooth.
  3. Pour 1/4 cup of the pancake batter onto a hot pan and cook for about 1 and 1/2 minutes on both sides.
  4. When all your pancakes are cooked, stack them high on a plate and top with whatever ya want! I topped my pancakes with banana, mango, coconut, blueberries, and a drizzle of maple syrup.
///


Tuesday // Smoothie

This is my go-to smoothie at the moment, it's actually class!
If you're new to smoothies or need a bitta inspiration why not check out my 2 smoothie blog posts:
and

Green Smoothie

Ingredients:

  • 1 banana
  • 100g frozen pineapple
  • 1 large handful spinach
  • 1 tablespoon flaxseeds
  • 1 tablespoon peanut butter
  • 3 dates
  • 300ml rice milk (use less milk if you want a thicker smoothie!)

Method:

  1. Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, simple!
///


Wednesday // Toast

I'm not joking I love toast so much, like far too much ahaha! I was going to chat about the usual avocado toast that I make but I ate the avocado that I bought before even making the toast, lol!
But yeah omg my usual go-to for toast is a big dollop of peanut butter and a banana chopped into slices mmmm.

Peanut Butter & Banana Toast

Ingredients:

  • 2 slices of brown bread (whatever brown bread you want, I use some wholemeal bread with seeds, it's quite nice actually!)
  • 1 banana
  • A good dollop of peanut butter to cover both slices of bread

Method:

  1. To be completely honest I'd be worried if I had to tell you how to make toast but if you really aren't sure then just send me an email/message ahaha!!!
///


Thursday // Overnight oats

I haven't had overnight oats for aaages until I made this blog post and oh my god I've fallen back in love with them! So so creamy and ridiculously filling!
Check out my blog post all about overnight oats by clicking here!

Creamy Overnight Oats

Ingredients:

  • 200g oats
  • 660ml rice milk
  • 2 tablespoons flaxseeds
  • Drop of maple syrup

Method:

  1. Mix all the ingredients in a container/tupperware dish/whatever you want.
  2. Put in the fridge and leave to chill overnight.
  3. In the morning, take out the overnight oats and top with whatever you fancy! I topped my overnight oats with mango, walnuts, sunflower seeds, and raisins.
///


Friday // Granola

I usually have a big bowl of granola for my breakfast, with some banana and a drizzle of peanut butter on top mmm.
Have a look at my granola recipe here if ya want!

Chocolate Granola

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups oats
  • Handful of whatever nuts and seeds you have (I used sunflower seeds, almonds, hazelnuts, and walnuts)
  • Handful of raisins
  • Handful of coconut
  • 4 dates
  • 2 tablespoons cacao
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup rice milk

Method:

  1. Blend the dates, cacao, cinnamon, peanut butter, and rice milk until smooth.
  2. In a large bowl, mix the oats, nuts, and seeds. Don't add the raisins or coconut now as they'll burn in the oven! They get mixed in at the end, don't worry!
  3. Pour in the chocolatey mixture and mix well.
  4. Bake the granola for 10 to 15 minutes in the oven at 180oC.
  5. Once baked, toss in the raisins and coconut, and serve with whatever you'd like! I topped my granola with a banana chopped into slices, delish!
///


Saturday // Smoothie bowl

Oh my god smoothie bowls are my life. I'm beyond obsessed with them!
If you don't have a clue what the heck a smoothie bowl is then fear not, I've explained it all in my blog post all about smoothie bowls which you can find by clicking here yahoooo!
But yeah if you've never tried making a smoothie bowl then I'm tellin' ya go and make one now! You won't regret it!

Strawberry Smoothie Bowl

Ingredients:

  • 1 banana
  • 150g frozen strawberries
  • 100ml orange juice

Method:

  1. Blend all the ingredients until smooth and creamy. If your smoothie is too runny then add more frozen fruit, and if your smoothie is too thick then add more orange juice!
  2. Top you smoothie bowl with whatever you can find in your kitchen! I've topped my smoothie bowl with oats, banana, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, coconut, and hazelnuts.
///


Sunday // Porridge

Porridge is just class all year round but it's especially brilliant in the winter when it's feckin' freezing outside and you're inside with a lovely bowl of porridge mmmm. It's so warming and it just feels like a hug in a bowl. And it's so filling as well, it'll keep ya going all day!
If you want a bit more info about all things porridge-related make sure to check out my porridge blog post by clicking here!

Porridge

Ingredients:

  • (Use the same mug/cup/jar/whatever to measure out all the ingredients, it's so much easier!)
  • 3/4 mug oats (about 60g)
  • 3/4 mug rice milk (about 125ml)
  • 3/4 mug water (about 125ml)

Method:

  1. Put all the ingredients into a pot and bring to the boil.
  2. Once the porridge is bubbling a bit, stir until you reach the consistency that you like!
  3. Top with whatever you're feelin'! I topped my porridge with chopped dates, blueberries, granola, and pomegranate seeds.
///

So there we have it, 7 different healthy breakfasts that'll hopefully inspire you a bit to make your own breakfast a bit more exciting and more filling!
I'd love to see what breakfasts you create, let me know over on Instagram and use the hashtag #plantpoweredhuman if ya want! Or you can send me an email to plantpoweredhuman@gmail.com!
Happy breakfast-ing!
Big love,
Darragh
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Plant Powered Human | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig