Sunday 23 July 2017

5 Smoothies

Oh hello there! If you can't tell by now, I love smoothies. As in LOVE them! I just think they're the bee's knees! They're ridiculously healthy, a great source of nutrients and calories (you can make them as filling as you like!), and of course they're so delicious!
To be completely honest I usually never follow recipes when I'm making a smoothie, I just go for it and it usually works out ahaha! But I get a lot of questions from people wondering "How did you make that smoothie?" or "What did you put in that smoothie" etc so I said I'd throw together some smoothie recipes that are super easy to make and taste great.
I think the most important thing when making smoothies is to find what works for you and just go for it!

Anyway, here are 5 smoothie recipes that'll hopefully inspire you to hop aboard the smoothie train, cuz you'd be crazy to miss this train ahaha!

///

(Oh, one more thing, this is just my own opinion but please please please please please please please don't ever buy pre-made smoothies in supermarkets that claim to be all 'healthy' etc cuz 99% of the time they're full of a ridiculous amount of sugar and shite...! Obviously check the ingredients on the bottle and if there's real fruit and veg in it then get it, but if there are any fruit purées or anything like that then avoid it!!!)
Life is so much better when you make your own smoothies!

///

To make any of the smoothies: Just pop the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Simple!

Berry & Mint


This smoothie is lovely and refreshing! It's a very summery smoothie, the berries make it lovely and sweet and the mint adds a nice flavour and brings it all together. If you can't get fresh mint anywhere or you just couldn't be bothered to get some (ahaha we all have those moods from time to time!) don't worry, just leave it out! A simple berry smoothie would be just as nice!

Ingredients:

  • 1 banana
  • 100g frozen mixed berries (I just get a bag of mixed berries in Aldi!)
  • 5 or 6 largish fresh mint leaves
  • 150ml orange juice
  • 100ml rice milk (or any other plant-based milk ya want)

Green 1.0


Dear beginner smoothie makers: please listen to me when I say that this smoothie is divine!!! Don't be put off by the colour of it! It really is a very nice smoothie that'll transport you to some tropical island mmmm! And what's great about it is that you don't even taste the spinach, I promise! You literally can't taste it at all because the other flavours overpower it! So you're getting your greens and you don't even have to think about it, it's a win-win situation!


Ingredients:

  • 1 banana
  • 150g mixed tropical fruit (I get the tropical fruit mix in Aldi but if you can't get that then try 80g of frozen pineapple and 70g of frozen mango!)
  • 1 large handful spinach
  • 100ml orange juice
  • 100ml rice milk

Green 2 .0


The 'Green 2.0' is a step up from its sister smoothie, the 'Green 1.0'! It's not as sweet but tbh I prefer it! You definitely have to get used to the flavour, I'd suggest by starting with a small amount of spirulina and working your way up! Spirulina is brilliant for you, and you can get it in Aldi now! This smoothie is much healthier than the 'Green 1.0' as it has spinach and kale, along with all the other amazing ingredients. The lime juice adds a groovy zing to the smoothie, as well as adding vitamin C of course! This is probably my favourite smoothie, I always feel so fresh after drinking it!

Ingredients:

  • 1 banana
  • 100g frozen pineapple
  • 1 large handful spinach
  • 1 handful kale (Make sure that it's de-stemmed before putting into the smoothie, as in you only want to use the kale leaves, not the stems that can be found in the packet of kale too, otherwise your smoothie will be slightly crunchy ahaha!!!)
  • Juice of 1/2 lime
  • 1 tablespoon spirulina
  • 250ml coconut water

G & T (Ginger & Turmeric)


Aaaah this smoothie is fab, I love it!!! It's got such an amazing flavour, it really wakes you up! The ginger and turmeric add a nice zing to the smoothie as well as being anti-inflammatory and ridiculously good for you, especially your immune system!

Ingredients:

  • 1 banana
  • 1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger (Make sure it's peeled!)
  • 2 teaspoons turmeric (You can use fresh turmeric if you want, I just had the dried stuff when I was writing the recipe lol!)
  • 1 handful walnuts
  • 150ml orange juice
  • 150ml rice milk
  • 4 ice cubes

Chocolate


This smoothie is so rich omg!!! And it's completely healthy too, there's a tiny bit of maple syrup in it but apart from that everything is so so good for ya! One thing I have to say is that this smoothie has a chocolate flavour so it tastes chocolate-y (obviously!) but it doesn't have any refined sugar so it's not that sweet. So basically don't be expecting it to taste the same as a bar of chocolate ahaha!!! But omg it's unreal, the avocado makes it super creamy and the banana adds a lovely sweetness to the smoothie. This smoothie is perfect for when you want something tasty, and it tastes so nice you won't believe it's healthy!!!

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 avocado
  • 1/2 banana
  • 2 tablespoons cacao powder
  • 1 tablespoon peanut butter
  • 1 tablespoon maple syrup
  • 3 dates
  • 200ml rice milk
  • 4 ice cubes


So there we have it, 5 different smoothie recipes for you to go and try out! If you like this blog post defo let me know and I'll do more because I literally love smoothies far too much like ahaha!!!
Don't be afraid to experiment with flavours and ingredients too, like try adding some hazelnuts to the 'Chocolate' smoothie or try add some almond butter to the 'Green 1.0' smoothie!
Smoothies are by far one of my favourite things to have for breakfast or lunch or as a snack, and sometimes as dinner (ahaha if I'm feeling very lazy!).
Hopefully you liked the 2 blog posts I posted this weekend, I really do hope they inspired you to get smoothie-ing!!!!
As always, if you have any questions/comments/anything just give me a shout via email; plantpoweredhuman@gmail.com or over on my Insta!
Big smoothie love,
Darragh

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Plant Powered Human | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig