Sunday 28 January 2018

What I Eat In A Day #3 (23rd January 2018)

Hello and welcome to my 3rd 'What I Eat In A Day' blog post!
I absolutely love doing this type of blog post, maybe I'm just a nosey person but I love 'What I Eat In A Day' blog posts and YouTube videos ahaha I'm obsessed with food like!
If you're like me and want to see  more of what I ate on other days then be sure to check out my 1st WIEIAD blog post and my 2nd WIEIAD blog post!

///

And just to let you know, this blog post isn't me telling you what to eat or how to eat or when to eat or any of that! This is just me showing ya what I eat! I eat a whole-foods, plant-based diet which you can read more about here but basically that means a vegan diet with no shite ahaha!

///

So yeah, here's what I ate on Monday the 23rd of January 2018...

10:09am - Venetia Falconer's 'Beyoncé Drank'
Venetia is my favourite blogger/vlogger/human ever and I've been drinking her 'Beyoncé Drank' every morning for about 10 days now and it actually makes me feel like Beyoncé, not gonna lie!
You can check out her YouTube video for the full recipe!
It's a mix of apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, lime juice, fresh ginger, fresh turmeric, chili powder, maple syrup all in a mug and then you just fill the rest of the mug up with warm water!
It's such a good drink for your digestive system, your immune system, and apple cider vinegar is brilliant for your skin too so it's just class!
I try and have this every morning so that was the first thing I had to start my day!
(Also, I had the day off work so that's why I didn't get up earlier, I said I'd sleep in a bit!)


///

10:33am - B12 spray
I take a spray of this B12 spray every day. I also take a Vitamin D supplement but I take that only once a week, every Sunday (I only supplement Vitamin D during the winter).
If you're vegan you definitely need to be taking a B12 supplement of some form, I'm not an expert by any means but I'd highly recommend a spray form as it's absorbed much better in the body, and this B12 spray that I have tastes like apricots so that's an added bonus ahaha!

///

10:51am - Smoothie bowl
Okay I know this isn't the most amazing-looking smoothie bowl I've ever made but by golly it tasted gooood! The smoothie was made from 1 fresh banana, a large handful of a frozen strawberry and banana mix (from Aldi), and some orange juice. I topped the smoothie with oats, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, milled flaxseeds, coconut, raisins, chopped dates, and peanut butter!
So good!
If you're interested in going wild and making a smoothie bowl, be sure to check out a blog post I did a while back all about them which you can find here!

///

1:07pm - Green apple
I was absolutely stuffed after the smoothie bowl so I didn't eat again until 1 o'clock-ish! I don't know why but I prefer green apples to red apples ahaha so I had a green apple just as a snack because I was heading into town so I only wanted something small to keep me going!

///

3:37pm - Vegan curry from Loving Salads
Okay by the time I got home from town I was starrrrving so I was delighted that I got this curry from Loving Salads! The lid smushed it down a bit but oh my god it was divine! There was some rice at the bottom and then the curry was a mix of beans, butternut squash, and quinoa! The next time you're in town defo treat yourself to the vegan curry in Loving Salads, it's so so filling and warming and comforting and basically a hug in a bowl!
It was so good I was in town on Thursday last week too and I got it again!!!
Ooh and defo check out my Loving Salads blog post here to see how amazing they are!

///

4:30pm - blk. Alkaline ph8 water
When I was in town I went to Natural Choice (a fab health food shop upstairs in Paul Street) and as soon as I saw this water I was like "I have to try this" ahahaha! Not gonna lie, I got my hopes up a bit too high, I was expecting something completely mind-blowing but it turns out it was just water, with a bit of a funky aftertaste ahaha! But it genuinely felt more hydrating than water and it was fun just to give it a go haha!
I drank half the bottle at 4:30pm and I had the other half of it at 6:10pm.

///

5:08pm - Chocolate protein smoothie
I'd say I have a smoothie nearly every day and today was definitely one of those days! I'm just such a smoothie fan like I don't get people who don't like them ahaha!
I saw a small sachet of Pulsin chocolate-flavoured pea protein and I always wanted to try it so I said I'd give it a go!
I blended the protein powder with a banana, ice, oat milk, and rice milk! It was genuinely so so tasty, not chalky at all, and it had a nice chocolatey-but-not-too-sweet taste which was good!
If you're looking for a good plant-based protein powder I'd high recommend the Pulsin ones, they're very good to be fair to them!


///

7:41pm - Small Alpro yogurt
I was a bit peckish so I had a small Alpro yogurt, I think I was just about to start making dinner so I had this as a snack to keep me going! I always have some Alpro yogurts in the fridge (this isn't an ad ahaha I just really like their yogurts and milks!), they're just so handy to have for breakfast or as a snack, g'wan Alpro you're class.

///

7:47pm - 2 falafels and hummus from Umi Falafel
I was still a bit peckish so I had these 2 leftover falafels that I got the day before in Umi Falafel and I dipped them in the hummus from there too! Sooooo good!
If you've never been to Umi Falafel then you definitely gotta go, and it's next door to Loving Salads too so you're sorted, you can go to both of them!
Check out my Umi Falafel blog post here if you want to be amazed by their delicious food!

///

8:54pm - Buddha bowl
I had dinner later than usual but that's cuz I was feeling a bit lazy and didn't bother to cook until late ahaha!
This buddha bowl was actually class, I know it looks a bit funny but oh my god it was good (even though I say so myself!)
I had some brown rice, hummus (from Umi Falafel), roasted beetroot, Sri Lankan dhal curry (from my pal Shakira's fab blog!), a random coconut curry I made from some leftover butternut squash and kale, and a Linda McCartney veggie sausage roll!
I know it's quite a funky combination but it was actually so so tasty and oh my god I was absolutely stuffed afterwards!
If you're interested in making a buddha bowl for yourself some time then defo check out the blog post I did all about them!

///

10:14pm - Green tea and Moroccan mint herbal tea
My bae Lorraine bought a box of these tea bags in work and I always wanted to try them so she gave me one! Lorraine if you're reading this, you're a starrrr!
Also, Morocco keeps on popping up in my life (people mentioning it, recipes, etc) so I think it's a sign that I need to go there, and I've always wanted to go there so it's definitely on my list of places to go to!
But yes, back to the tea! It was so so nice, I love anything with mint in it and it was lovely just to sit down with a mug of this tea and watch some YouTube videos and just chill out!


///

So that's all I ate that day!
I know some people are probably thinking "You eat so much!" and others are thinking "You eat so little!" but I guess the most important message that I'm trying to get across is to eat more plant-based food!!! It doesn't matter even if that's just eating an extra piece of fruit a day, whatever floats your boat!
But yeah I guess the point of these 'What I Eat In A Day' blog posts is just to show you how groovy and funky and cool and satisfying and tasty and exciting vegan food can be!
If even just one person decides to eat an extra apple a day then I've done my job and I'm happy out!
I hope you enjoyed this blog post and if you have any questions don't be afraid to send me an email to plantpoweredhuman@gmail.com or give me a shout over on my Instagram!
Until next week, be kind to others and eat your veg!
Big love,
Darragh
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Plant Powered Human | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig