Sunday 17 December 2017

What I Ate In London - Part 1


Aaaah last week I was in London and it was incredible.
Like ridiculously amazing.
I went over to see Ellie Goulding's Streets Of London charity concert in the Royal Albert Hall and by golly she certainly didn't disappoint!
It was my 3rd time seeing Ellie live and she gets better each time I see her!
She had loads of guest singers there too, the lineup was class, it was her, Bastille, Craig David, George Ezra, James Blunt, Jessie Ware, Ray Blk, RAYE, and Tom Odell!
And if that doesn't sound amazing enough for you, 100% of the money went to the Streets Of London charity, I mean, how amazing is that?!!

///

So yeah while I was in London I HAD to see what the vegan food scene was like and omg it's class.
The amount of vegan options is crazy and there are so so many whole-food, plant-based options too which is class!
Just to let you know, in this blog post I'm not telling you 100% of the food I ate in London, it's not a 'What I Eat In A Day In London', it's just showing you some of the food I ate while I was there, all the best bits! (I suppose a better name for this blog post would be 'Here's Some Of The Best Food That I Ate In London But I Also Ate Some Boring Food Too' ahaha)

///

I did a blog post similar to this during the summer when I went to Berlin and Prague! You can check it out by clicking here!

///

Also, I split my London trip into 2 blog posts because if I put it all in only 1 blog post, Blogger (the website I use to blog) might not have posted it cuz I have lots and lots of photos to show youuuu!!!!!!
So yes make sure to check out Part 2 of this blog post by clicking here!!

///



Okay the lighting is very bad ahaha but this is me outside the Deliciously Ella Deli!
I was absolutely starving when I finally got into London (shoutout to Ryanair for being the absolute WORST and delaying me on both flights aha please cop on!) so I headed straight for the Deliciously Ella Deli on Weighhouse Street and omg I could've stayed there all day, it's amazing!


I got the most amazing sweet potato and courgette curry with brown rice, absolutely delish! It was so so lovely and warming cuz it was freeeeezing in London and it really filled me up! The curry had a mix of sweet potato, courgette, chickpeas, and spinach, and I have to say it was such a good price! It was £8.75 for a Darragh-sized portion and I was genuinely stuffed after it, so so good!


Even though I was absolutely stuffed after the curry, I had to make room for dessert! I forget what it's called but I got this fab peanut chocolate slice and it was so so good! So creamy and smooth and delicious, I could've eaten buckets of it!
Deliciously Ella's Deli is ridiculously cosy and inviting, I could have easily spent the whole day there, and everyone there was so sound too so that was lovely!
And the whole vibe there is so cool, here are some pics:



After that it was nearly time for the concert but I had a bit of time to spare so I went to Deliciously Ella's other deli on Seymour Place! In case you can't tell, I love Deliciously Ella and everything Ella is about! I love her approach to life and of course her recipes and food are top class!


I got my first ever turmeric latte and I have to say it was class! I got it with coconut milk and it was so creamy and frothy it was so cool like!
It was actually more yellow in real life, I couldn't capture the yellow-ness of it on my camera haha!



Then it was time for Ellie's concert in the Royal Albert Hall!!!

Oxford Street lookin' fierce festive!

The Royal Albert Hall is such a beautiful venue and it actually took my breath away! I was sitting in the arena (really close to the stage!) and going up the steps to it I was in awe of how big it is, it's such a lovely place.


This picture isn't zoomed in at all, I was actually this close to Ellie! I nearly died like ahaha my bae!
The concert was absolutely incredible, I can't even describe how amazing it was! Everyone was singing and dancing and laughing and smiling and it was just such a special night, I'll remember it forever!





In case you can't tell, I was deliriously happy in the last 2 pictures, words can't even describe the emotions I was feeling! Ellie, you're an absolute legend and I love ya to bits xx

///

That's it for Part 1 of my 'What I Ate In London' blog posts, hope you enjoyed it!
Click here to read 'What I Ate In London' Part 2!
Big love,
Darragh
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Plant Powered Human | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig