Sunday 3 December 2017

Chill Chats #1 with Holly Wolfe

Hellooooo!
Before I start this blog post I just want to let ya know that I'll be posting blog posts twice a week for all of December oh yes! So there'll be new blog posts for you every Sunday and Wednesday for the whole month, ya lucky duck!
So make sure to come back on Wednesday for my next post!

///

I'm so excited to finally announce my new interview series called "Chill Chats"!
I've been planning it for a while and I'm so happy that it's finally here!
So Chill Chats is basically just where I talk to people that inspire me, motivate me, make me laugh, help me be a better person, and all that jazz and I just chat to them about food-related and life-related bits and bobs!
Season 1 of Chill Chats will feature 10 different people and each Chill Chats interview will be 25 questions long, just to let ya know!
There'll be more interviews on the way soon, I hope you enjoy them!
And if you want to get involved with the Chill Chats then just give me a shout over on my Instagram or you can send me an email to plantpoweredhuman@gmail.com!

///


I'm so lucky to be able to call Holly Wolfe a true friend. She's so inspiring and motivational and no matter what mood you're in she always manages to put a smile on your face!
Holly eats a whole-food, plant-based diet and she is very passionate about health and wellbeing.
She loves going to the gym and it wouldn't surprise me if she's the next Roz Purcell or Rosanna Davison!
Here's what we chatted about, I hope you enjoy it!

///

1. Favourite fruit?
My favourite fruit would be watermelon.

2. Favourite veg?
Broccoli! If you roast it with coconut oil and a bit of Himalayan salt, it's divine!

3. What's the one meal you couldn't live without?
Pasta, a lovely pasta dish with sauce etc, or else pizza, I do love pizza.

4. Favourite time of the day?
Morning, around 8 or 9 o'clock.

5. What's your go-to breakfast at the moment?
My go-to breakfast would be coconut porridge from The Bookshelf!

6. Favourite song?
I love "Heaven Is A Place On Earth" by Belinda Carlisle, there are so many, I have so many favourite songs!

7. What's your coffee order?
An Americano or a flat white with coconut milk.

8. Do you have any words of wisdom or a favourite quote that inspires you?
"What's for you won't pass you."
I'm such a strong believer in that. I believe that whatever happens, happens for a reason.

9. If you were to make a smoothie what would be in it?
Banana, almond butter, coconut milk, and cinnamon. The banana and almond butter is my favourite thing ever! Maybe a bit of cacao powder as well. So good!

10. If you could change one thing in the world what would it be and why?
I wish people would be more open-minded and just let people do their own thing and stop judging others etc! There are so many people that are so open-minded and I'm like "You make the world go round!" Honestly, I appreciate those people so much. I wish people were more open-minded and more accepting, it'd make the world a much happier place.

11. Favourite snack?
Hummus on anything like lentil crisps or carrots!

12. What's your top tip for staying healthy?
I think just maintaining a balance between everything is key. Eat a varied diet, I'd love to say eat vegan!!!
Staying healthy for me is all about having good mental health as well. Exercise is so good for your physical and mental health too.
Avoid processed foods, eat whole grains, eat veg, avoid dairy, etc!
Keeping a balance between everything is so important.

13. Who inspires you?
I'd have to say The Happy Pear! I love their whole attitude towards everything in life. They're so positive and make the most out of every moment. Also, their food creations are out of this world and so delicious yet healthy.

14. What is your biggest achievement so far?
So far, I'd have to say the Leaving Cert...but I have greater ambitions which I am working towards!

15. Favourite café or restaurant?
Do I even need to say?! The Bookshelf, obviously!
(We had this Chill Chats interview in The Bookshelf with some unreal porridge and coffee! Holly basically lives in The Bookshelf, it's her favourite place ever!)

16. Hummus or guacamole?
Hummus, hummussss!

17. Where's your favourite place in the world?
I'd say London. I just have something with London, I love the countryside there, as well as Piccadilly Circus and Oxford Street, especially at winter time. I also love New York!

18. What do you do to stay active?
The gym, I love it!

19. If you could have dinner with any 3 people, dead or alive, who would they be and why?
Roz Purcell, Rosanna Davison, and Maeve Madden. They're all beautiful human beings and we share a lot of the same interests! Also, they're all so stunning! So they'd be my 3 people I'd love to have dinner with!

20. Favourite item of clothing you own?
My Lululemon leggings! They're quite expensive but they're so worth it.

21. Favourite dessert?
Banoffee pie! I've always loved banoffee pie and oh my god the Bean Brownie one is insane! The caramel and the peanut cookie base is just divine! I must get one tomorrow actually!

22. What's the highest percentage of dark chocolate you've ever had?
99%. It was a bit harsh for me. I actually didn't mind the 90% too much! I love dark chocolate.

23. Favourite thing to put on toast?
Peanut butter and banana.
They do it in The Bookshelf, peanut butter and banana on their nice sourdough bread! I get my breakfast there too often!

24. Favourite herb or spice?
Cinnamon, definitely, I love cinnamon! It goes well with everything, like cinnamon and maple, cinnamon and banana, cinnamon and apple.
I love cumin and paprika as well.

25. Since I've asked you so many questions, what's one question you have for me?
Holly: What made you go vegan?
Me: So I was vegetarian for a while and I learned how to cook and all that. When I joined Instagram I started following Ellie Goulding (my bae!) and she was on tour in America at the time. She had her friend (who's also a vegan chef) on the tour bus and they were cooking all sorts of vegan things. So I suppose that got me vegan-curious haha!
Then when I went to San Diego and the whole culture over there was so open to plant-based eating and healthy vegan food so I ate everything vegan that I could find, just for the craic, not anything long-term or anything.
When I came home I was like "I'll go vegan 1 day a week and build up from there" but I felt daunted by the whole thing.
Then over the Christmas holidays nearly 2 years ago I just watched so many documentaries and stuff that I couldn't eat animals products anymore! So I've been vegan since then, the 8th of January 2016!

///

This is the porridge we got in The Bookshelf, it was class omg! You defo have to try it some time mmmm.
///

So there we have it! Chill Chats #1 with Holly!
Massive thank you to Holly for doing this interview and for putting up with me figuring out how to interview people and all that ahaha!
I hope you liked this new style of blog post, let me know what you think of it!
I can't wait to share the next Chill Chats with ya!
Until next week, eat your veg and be kind to others.
Big love,
Darragh
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Plant Powered Human | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig