Sunday 24 September 2017

My Cookbooks - Part 2


Yo yo this is Part 2 of this blog post! I have no clue why it didn't work all together, I just don't understand computers ahaha!
Anyway here's Part 2!
Click the links at the end of this post to read Part 1 and Part 3 of this blog post!

///


Name: The World Of The Happy Pear
Authors: Stephen and David Flynn
About: What an absolutely amazing book. Like the first book, this book is so much more than just a cookbook! There are so many fab recipes (all veggie with loads of vegan recipes and recipes that can be veganised!), stories, tips, tricks, hints, photos, there’s even a brilliant section on managing stress with tips such as breathing and the importance of moving more! I’m genuinely in love with this book and if you’re only going to buy one cookbook in your life then buy this one or the 1st Happy Pear book! In my opinion their books are far more than just books, they’re an investment into a better, happier, healthier, more rewarding life. And I know that sounds so cheesy but it’s so true! If I had to rank all the cookbooks I own then the two Happy Pear books would be at the top of that list, without a doubt!!!
Favourite Recipe: Healthier No-Bake Chocolate and Salted Caramel Tart (Page 203) – This tart is ridiculously delicious oh my god like!!! I remember when I made it, my brother literally told me that he’d pay me to make another one ahaha! Oh it’s divine! And because it has healthier ingredients like nuts, dates, and peanut butter, you don’t get an awful sugar crash afterwards like you would if you ate a ‘normal’ tart! Oh this tart is just fab fab fab!
Favourite Picture: Page 101 – I love this picture of Dave, Steve, and Darragh so much, I think it’s amazing! You can literally feel their enthusiasm from the picture while they’re holding the massive tray of sprouts (I think!). I just love The Happy Pear’s approach to life, they’re so optimistic and open-minded, and kind, and genuine, and caring, it’s so inspiring. They’re defo my favourite people ever like!


///


Name: 26 Grains
Author: Alex Hely-Hutchinson
About: This book is so so beautiful oh my goodness! Everything about it is perfect, the hard cover, the font, the gorgeous photos, the flavour-packed recipes, everything!!! The recipes aren’t intentionally veggie or vegan but a lot of them are vegan and a lot can be veganised too so it’s fab! The start of the book has a section dedicated to all the different grains used in the book that’s so handy and it features sections like the grain’s origin, taste, nutrition, and even a fun fact ehehe! Alex is the porridge queen and I’d highly recommend you to buy this book if you want to up your porridge game or if you want to learn how to use grains in more interesting, tasty ways! I’d love to visit the 26 Grains cafĂ© sometime in the future, hopefully sometime soon!
Favourite Recipe: Blueberry Porridge (Page 56) – This was the first recipe I made from this book and oh my god it’s the definition of #porridgegoals!!! The combination of berries and oats and almond butter and everything else is just beyond divine! Such a fab recipe!
Favourite Picture: Pages 22 and 23 – All of the pictures in this book are so beautiful, it was hard to pick just one! I feel that this picture captures Alex’s energy and her enthusiasm! She’s such a creative and inspiring person, I just love this really relaxed picture on the beach.


///


Name: Deliciously Ella Every Day
Author: Ella Mills
About: This book is brilliant, it focuses on meals that are a lot quicker to make and it’s filled with tips and tricks on how to stay organised and there’s a section on big batch cooking too which is so handy! As per usual, the photos are absolutely divine and the recipes are filled with such amazing flavours! Ella’s approach to healthy plant-based food is so good you can make her recipes for your friends and they won’t even know that it’s healthy or plant-based! Ella you’re a star thank you!
Favourite Recipe: Easy Pasta Arrabbiata (Page 154) – This is such simple yet delicious dish that’s so easy to make and it’s divine! It’s my go-to recipe whenever I’m in the mood for pasta and my sister loves it too which is fab!
Favourite Pictures: Pages 211, 212, and 213 – I love this series of photos ahahaha it’s gas! I’d love to jump up and down on a bed with a big bowl of popcorn, Ella’s living the dream! The clean up afterwards was probably a bit of a trek but it was so worth it for such fab photos! And of course Ella has such a cool baseball t-shirt that says ‘Kale’ on it, one of those t-shirts is on my bucket list of things to buy ehehe!



///


Name: Fresh India
Author: Meera Sodha
About: I haven’t read this book fully yet but oh my god I love it already!!! Meera is such a star, she’s amazing! Fresh India has all veggie recipes and a lot of them are vegan and can be veganised too so it’s fab! Everything about this book is amazing, the flavours in the recipes are mind-blowing, the pictures are beautiful, and there are so so many tips/tricks/hints thrown in too that are really helpful. I love Meera’s “vegetable-led Indian food” as she calls it! And the recipes are so funny too, like where Meera says to add the spinach like “pushing a duvet into a magical handbag” or when she finishes a recipe with a celebratory “boom”!!! This is such a brilliant book if you’re interested in learning more about flavours and Indian food or if you want to try and eat more veggie-focused food!
Favourite Recipe: Spinach, Tomato, and Chickpea Curry (Page 105) – When I ate this curry after cooking it I was literally blown away, it’s beyond divine! The tomatoes and the chickpeas and the spinach and all the spices just work so well together it’s genuinely such a warming and comforting curry, it’s like a hug in curry-form! Such an unreal recipe!!!
Favourite Picture: Page 11 – This picture of Meera with her mom and dad makes me so happy! I suppose it reminds me that food is meant to be shared and enjoyed and fun! Food is always much more fun when you’re sharing with others and this picture reminds me of the importance of sharing food and having fun with it!


///



Name: A Modern Way To Cook
Author: Anna Jones
About: This is a veggie bible filled with ridiculously tasty recipes organised by how long they take to make. Such a handy book with so many tips and tricks and how-to’s and just such a fab layout! I’m such a book nerd when it comes to how a book is layed out ehehe but this book is brilliant, of course it is it’s Anna Jones!!! I love Anna’s style and approach to food, she’s class, such an inspiration! Defo get this book if you’re trying to be more organised or if you just want to try more veggie-focused dishes that are filling, filled with flavour, and don’t take ages to make!
Favourite Recipe: Dark Chocoalte Goodness Cookies (Page 328) – Oh my god these cookies changed my entire way of thinking about desserts! They’re unreal! They’re made with black beans which might sounds absolutely weird and disgusting but you really have to try them to understand how truly delicious they are! Such a fab recipe for gooey, dark, delicious cookies!
Favourite Picture: Page 227 – I know it seems silly of me to pick this picture because there are so many other beautiful pictures in this book but oh my god I just loooove this picture!!! I’m genuinely obsessed with nut butters of all kinds and the nut butter spread on the slice of bread just looks so nice like mmmmm. I love the simplicity of the photo, like the vibe of it is just class!


///


Name: Deliciously Ella With Friends
Author: Ella Mills
About: This is by far my favourite Deliciously Ella book omg I love it so much! The other 2 books are amazing too obviously, but this one is my fave. I love the whole vibe of the book, it’s all about delicious food to share with family and friends. I think the reason I love this book so much is because I’m genuinely obsessed with dinner parties and gatherings of people! I just think it’s so special to be surrounded by all your favourite people and of course being able to eat such fab food together is amazing. I found it difficult to pick my favourite picture from the book because the whole book is beyond beautiful!!! Omg like I can’t even describe how amazing this book is! It has such a wide variety of fab plant-based recipes ranging from quick on-the-go breakfasts to hearty feasts to feed a crowd to divine desserts! The book has a brilliant structure to it too, it features so many different menus which are so so handy and oh my goodness it’s just such a fab book! Such a good book if you want really tasty, healthy recipes that everyone will enjoy and it’ll inspire you to throw so many dinner parties for your family and friends!
Favourite Recipe: Chana Masala (Page 129) – This chana masala is absolutely divine omg! Incredible flavours, textures, and it looks amazing too with all the different colours! Definitely make this as a main dish for a dinner party or if you want to bring your friend over a cooked dinner!
Favourite Picture: Page 139 – This is such a fab picture, I’m obsessed with it! In my opinion it captures the whole vibe of the book; a table filled with incredibly delicious food shared between family and friends! It’s definitely #dinnerpartygoals!!!


///

Click here for My Cookbooks - Part 1.
Click here for My Cookbooks - Part 3.

Big love,
Darragh
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Plant Powered Human | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig