Sunday 3 September 2017

Cacao & Coconut Energy Balls


These energy balls are literally one of my favourite things ever. No joke!
They're ridiculously tasty, like you can eat them as a dessert if you'd like to they're that nice! They're the perfect snack and they make for such lovely presents too, all you have to do is make a batch of 'em and put them in a nice jar!
And these energy balls are class because they're literally 100% healthy, okay there's a bitta coconut oil and some maple syrup, but they're so so good for you and they're so tasty like you won't even realise that you're being healthy, a win-win situation so!


I never actually follow a recipe whenever I make these energy balls, I make them so often that I just throw in whatever! And to be honest you don't even need all of the ingredients that are listed in the recipe below.
Once you use dates, some oats, and peanut butter (or some sort of nut/seed butter or just some water!) then you can play around with different flavours and textures and all that jazz!


You can decorate the energy balls however you want, I normally go for desiccated coconut just cuz I looooove coconut ahaha! You can leave them plain like the energy balls in the jar (in the picture) or you can decorate the energy balls by rolling them in sesame seeds, chopped nuts, cacao powder, or you can even dip them in dark chocolate if you're feeling adventurous mmmmm.
You don't have to put in any coconut oil if you don't want to but I find it makes the energy balls nice and chewy, without it they're a bit dry, but that's just what I think, do whatever ya want!
I'd say to only use a food processor for making energy balls but some of my friends have used their NutriBullets to make them and it worked but I'd be so nervous doing that oh jaysus so I recommend to use a food processor, not a smoothie maker!
Anyway, here's the recipe.....


Cacao & Coconut Energy Balls

Ingredients:

  • 250g dates
  • 1 tablespoon cacao powder (Just use cocoa powder if you don't have any cacao but cacao is classsss so I'd recommend you get some!)
  • 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
  • 1 tablespoon peanut butter (Or use almond butter or cashew butter or some sort of seed butter if you'd like to!)
  • 1 teaspoon coconut oil (Not melted)
  • 1 teaspoon maple syrup
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 handful of cashew nuts (Or whatever nuts or seeds you like)
  • Desiccated coconut poured into a bowl - To roll the energy balls in at the end!

Method:

  1. Add everything into the food processor except for the desiccated coconut in the bowl for rolling the energy balls in!
  2. Blitz the ingredients until smooth-ish.
  3. Add a few drops of water if the mixture is too dry, a bit at a time, until the mixture forms a sort of dough.
  4. Break off little chunks of the dough and roll into balls.
  5. Roll the energy balls in the desiccated coconut.
  6. Put the energy balls in the fridge for about 10 minutes to chill, then eat!

These energy balls are one of my faves like, they're the perfect snack, brilliant for something to eat pre-exercise or post-exercise, and they make a lovely present too!
Let me know what you think of the recipe if you give it a go and if you're posting a pic on Insta then use the hashtag #plantpoweredhuman if ya want!
There's a link to my Instagram page here if you want to say hello and my email is plantpoweredhuman@gmail.com if you wanna give me a shout!
I hope you love these energy balls as much as I do!
Big love,
Darragh
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Plant Powered Human | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig