Sunday 27 August 2017

What I Eat In A Day #2 (21st August 2017)

Hellooooo and welcome to my 2nd 'What I Eat In A Day' blog post!!!
I really loved the first one that I did a few months ago and if you haven't read that yet you can check it out here!
Once again I just want to say that this style of blog post isn't me telling you what you should or shouldn't eat! It's just me letting ya know what I ate on a specific day in my life ahaha.

///

I'm thinking of doing a blog post all about my 'food philosophy', I suppose if that's what you'd call it, and my thoughts on food and why I eat a whole-food, plant-based diet etc etc, so if you'd be interested in seeing that type of blog post please let me know!!
And of course if you have any questions about my eating habits don't be afraid to give me a shout via email (plantpoweredhuman@gmail.com) or over on my Instagram!

///

So here we go, here's what I ate last Monday, the 21st of August, 2017...

11:42am - Smoothie bowl
It's kinda obvious that I'm on my summer holidays because of the time I got up at ahaha! I genuinely love getting up early but whenever I get the chance to sleep in oh I sleep in as long as I can!
When I have more time in the morning I love making a smoothie bowl. I know it probably sounds stupid but whenever I make one I always feel really creative afterwards haha, behold the magic powers of the smoothie bowl!!!
The smoothie was made up of a banana, a large handful of frozen mango, and a mixture of rice milk and orange juice. Blended until smooth and thrown into a bowl!
Then I topped the smoothie with some organic granola that I found in Lidl that's actually divine (it's lovely and cluster-y, if that's even a word!), some slices of banana, some pumpkin seeds, and some chopped strawberries.
I don't want to sound full of myself or anything but it was actually very very nice ehehe.
The smoothie
The toppings
The finished product
After the photo shoot: I fecked all the extra banana slices and chopped strawberries on top!!
///

2:08pm - Water (about 610ml)
My dad has this proper vintage weight bench in his shed where he makes cool things like tables and wardrobes etc, he's a cool dude! So I went out to the shed and did a workout with some weights and some bodyweight stuff like squats and planking etc, kind of like a HIIT workout I suppose! I drank this bottle of water during and after my workout. Afterwards I was feelin' freshhhh, there's genuinely no better feeling than the feeling you get after exercising, it's delish!

///

3:16pm - Peanut butter smoothie
I normally go for a smoothie after I exercise, usually cuz I'm hungry and thirsty so a smoothie does all in 1 ahaha, it's perfect!
This smoothie was made up of a handful of ice, 1 banana, about a tablespoon of milled linseed, a handful of walnuts, about a tablespoon of peanut butter, 4 dates, and a good glug of rice milk.
I love this smoothie because it has a really lovely flavour and it's so filling too, so it's perfect if you're hungry out after exercising!


///

5:19pm - Apple and blueberries
I was a bit peckish and I wasn't sure what I was making for dinner so I had an apple and some blueberries. Nothing too exciting ahaha, but still tasty out!


///

6:45pm - Just 1 mini falafel ahaha
At this stage I had just started cooking dinner but I picked these little falafels up in Lidl earlier and I really wanted to see if they were nice or not! So I just had one, just to see what it was like, and it was very nice!! Good job, Lidl!

///

7:32pm - Buddha bowl
Oh my god this buddha bowl I had for dinner was genuinely beyond divine like it was unreallll! Okay, I know it looks very brown and not-that-colourful but it was tasty out!
So I got a big bowl and filled it with brown rice, korma that my brother made, chilli from Lidl, a veggie burger (made from butternut squash, quinoa, and butter beans), and a good dollop of hummus with some paprika.
I have to say the chilli from Lidl was actually mank like it tasted ridiculously processed and not nice at all, so avoid that if you ever see it ahaha, sorry Lidl!
The korma Niall made was actually divine, it had potatoes and kidney beans in it and it was so so tasty!
I had a veggie burger left over from when I made them a few days ago so I threw that in too and some hummus for good luck!
Oh my god I was stuffed after eating it all ahaha I had such a food baby afterwards!

The awful chilli from Lidl that you should certainly not recommend to a friend ahaha!

///

10:41pm - Peanut and hazelnut ice cream
I was stuffed for ages after dinner ahaha so I waited for a while to eat anything else! I planned on going to bed early but I ended up going onto YouTube and watching loads of inspirational Ted Talks ahaha, we've all been there! (Or maybe I'm just strange, we'll never know aha)
To accompany my YouTube-ing I said I'd have some of this ice cream from Lidl that's actually delish oh my god like!
(In case you can't tell already I went to Lidl the day that I did this 'What I Eat In A Day' blog post lol)
If you like peanuts/hazelnuts then you 100% have to get this ice cream, it's unreal! They do another flavour too, it's vanilla and berries I think, which is nice too, but I prefer this one mmmmmm. And it was only about 3-ish euro too so it was so worth it!

///

So there we have it, what I ate that day!
I was absolutely stuffed when I went to bed ahaha, I had such a food baby!
If you like this type of blog post let me know and I'll do more of them!
And if you don't like them then let me know too ahah, I won't be offended lol.
If you've read this far then thank you so much, I don't know how you put up with me blabbing on about food ahaha, I annoy myself sometimes!!
If you have any questions/comments/anything just let me know!
Thanks for everything!
Until next week, eat your veg and be kind to people!
Big love,
Darragh

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Plant Powered Human | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig