Sunday 28 May 2017

Loving Salads


Loving Salads on Academy Street in Cork is one of my favourite places to go to catch up with friends, to chill after strolling around town, and of course to eat amazingly fresh, beautiful food.


You can pop into their amazing location in town but you can also find them at a load of farmers markets too:
  • Wilton Farmers Market - Tuesday - 9:30am to 2:30pm
  • Kinsale Farmers Market - Wednesday - 9:30am to 2:30pm
  • Ballincollig Farmers Market - Wednesday - 9:30am to 2:30pm
  • Midletown Farmers Market - Saturday - 9:30am to 2:30pm


Loving Salads on Academy Street have a wide range of unreal food, ranging from fresh salads and juices to healthy vegan brownies and almond milk matcha lattes!


Walking into Loving Salads always makes me smile, the gorgeous smells of all the salads and soups and curries fill your nose, it's incredible. The people who work there are always far too nice and I could literally chat to them all day! The whole vibe of the place is lovely, it's such fresh and vibrant environment to be in.


Although not fully vegan, they have so so so many options and I never have to worry as they label everything so well and highlight the vegan options very clearly which is something I'm very grateful for! Whenever I'm there I always go for a large tub of salads which is €5.50 which is such a good price. And when I say salads I mean proper delicious salads, we're not talking about sad, withered leaves at all ahaha! Loving Salads have mastered the art of salad making and if they ever want to make a cookbook I'll be the first person to buy it!
Their salads have beautiful flavours, ranging from a cool coconut, mint, and pineapple salad to a spicy chickpea salad and everything in between!
Their salads are genuinely filling too and a large tub would usually keep me full for ages!


They do delicious curries and soups too that are ridiculously full of flavour and absolutely divine!

This is a black bean, red quinoa, and butternut squash curry served with biryani rice, seeds, and pineapple. Absolutely divine!

I love Loving Salads and their attitude towards food. Their website says that they "provide simple delicious healthy authentic food with flavour", they "work together with our local farmers within the Cork area", their whole foods "are prepared in our kitchens fresh on a daily basis by passionate staff that care" and that they are "keeping it real" by building "meaningful relationships with our customers".
Everything about Loving Salads spreads positivity and promotes health! I love it!


The last time I was there I splashed out and got a green juice and a ginger shot. (Shoutout to Aisling for being the coolest!) I saw loads of ginger shots when I was in San Diego and LA but I never got one so I finally got to try one in Cork!


I'm not going to lie, the only way to describe the 'Green Goodness' juice is that it tasted green. There was a subtle sweetness from the apple which made it much better so that was good! After drinking it though I felt amazing, my insides were singing, they felt so fresh ahaha! The juice was made up of cucumber, celery, spinach, kale, lemon, spirulina, and apple and for €4.75 it's such a good investment for your health. My immune system thanked me after I had it! 
The 'Ginger Boost' is amazing oh my god. I'd describe it as zingy but that doesn't do it justice. If you've never had a ginger shot you have to try this one right now! It was €2.25 which is well worth it and with ginger, orange, and lemon it's great for boosting your immune system and for adding an extra pep in your step!
Loving Salads cold press all of their juices which means that the juices aren't oxidised and the fruit and veg isn't degraded. That means you're getting 100% goodness in a bottle! They also don't add any additives or preservatives which is also amazing. So you might think that the juice is a bit expensive but it's completely worth it and much much much better for your health in the long run!


Here are some more pictures:












If you're ever in town make sure to pop into Loving Salads, you won't regret it! Check out their websiteTwitter, and Instagram to keep up to date with all things salad-related!
Thank you for everything, Loving Salads, you're amazing!
Big love,
Darragh
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Plant Powered Human | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig